The Flevoparkbad is a great outdoor swimmingpool in Amsterdam!
2,5 acres (4 hectare) of parkland with an Olympic sized (50 meter) pool for swimming laps or training (150 cm-350 cm deep), an equally sized shallow pool (40 cm-150 cm deep) for children and a special pool for toddlers.
The water is heated. Large meadows for sunbathing or relaxing in the shade of trees, playground, sport facilities, and a cafetaria. Plenty of lockers to leave your valuables.
Be welcome and enjoy!
The Friends of Flevoparkbad (Vrienden van het Flevoparkbad) aim to preserve this pool as an public open air swimming pool. That’s what this website is about. This great lido is in danger. We invested since 2012 enormous effort and that achieved results: the local government has renovated the pool to improve it after years of neglect. We proved to the local governement that the Flevoparkbad has a lot of fans. Yet the future of the Flevoparkbad as an open air swimming pool is not secured. The owner, the municipality of Amsterdam has plans to transform this pool to a mere indoor-pool. Great for lovers of swimming in an indoor fishtank all year round, but not for us. It would mean the loss of the trees, the meadows and an inferior small outdoor pool. At the same time the municipality studies on a plan to transform the whole pool to a tram shed. due to “the lack of space” for tram sheds in the new dwelling areas that the city is planing to build on Zeeburgereiland and IJburg. Crazy idea? Of course! We think it’s a lovely green area and outdoor pool that’s worth preserving. If you are a fan too, as we hope, whether you are a tourist or an expat, sign our petition.
If you support us please like us at our facebook (the last news and activities in Dutch)or adress us with whatever question or comment on our email adress
Meanwhile: enjoy the Flevoparkbad while it lasts:
Practical information 2019:
- Price: Single ticket € €4,60; children (0-2) free entrance; reduced price ticket € 3,70 if you enter the pool one hour before closing time. For other options 12-bath ticket (€ 45, 25) or all season ticket (€ 140, 45) you need to buy a pass (€ 5,-) See official website for more options and online tickets
- Season ticket (online for sale) (“seizoenskaart”) Special discount offer when bought before april 15 2019, (see official website , in Dutch “tarieven Flevoparkbad”)
- Regular opening hours: 10.00 a.m.-5.30 p.m.. On days with temperature over 25 C open till 7 p.m. Tickets available until 30 minutes before closing time. In the weekends: Opening 10.00 a.m. and closing at 5.30 p.m.
- Outside regular opening hours: lane swimming monday to friday 06.30 a.m.-08.30 a.m. on u; monday to thursday 6.30 p.m.-8 p.m. sundaymorning 8.30 a,m, -9.30 a.m. (every last sunday of the month nude swimming 8.30a.m. -9.30 a.m.)
u). with membership (€10) Vereniging Flevoparkbad more info (in English) here
- Adress: Insulindeweg 1002, 1095 DH, Amsterdam
- Open: 28 april-1 september 2019 (will be prolonged if the weather is warm)
- Public transport: Tram 14 and 7 (stop Flevopark) bus 37 (stop Insulindeweg)
- Car: parking space is scarse and € 4,50 an hour. At sundays free.
- Telephone (office hours): Tel. (020) 692 5030. If not answered, try the general information number of the City of Amsterdam 14 020 (calling from Amsterdam), from abroad +31 20 624 1111
- Lost&found, general questions to the swimming pools owner: email@example.com
- Official information (in Dutch) from the pools owner: the city of Amsterdam: Please check for current information (such as extended opening times on hot days)
- Smoking is only allowed in restricted areas out of the sight of children,
- Lockers: you’ll need a coin of € 0,50 that you get back after use
- google maps
And even more possibilities:
Extra swimming hours with membership (€ 10,-): check Vereniging Flevoparkbad (in English) they offer discount till april 15 2019 on the Season ticket subscription that can be bought online in combination with membership.
Zwemvereniging ‘t Y: General swimming association: Waterpolo monday/ thursdaynight 19.30 (information in Dutch).
Events in 2019:
May 15 2019: Flevoparkbadloop (combination of swimming in the pool en running in the Flevopark) More information and subscription (in Dutch) here
July 1 to 4 2019: Zwemvierdaagse: Dutch tradition both for children and adults since 1970. Four evenings of lane-swimming to reach your chosen distance with a medal as reward. Also nice side events and clinics. More information and online subscription € 8,50 (in Dutch) here
June 6 2019: Free swimming 7 p.m.-9 p.m. for children that attended the Avondvierdaagse Dutch tradition: Children can take part in different hiking routes in the environment of the Flevoparkbad during four days.Starts at Sporthal Zeeburg june 3 6 p.m.